All Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) meetings are cancelled.
No future meetings are scheduled.
More info will be posted here!
MAC advises the Commissioner of the Department of Mental Health, the DMH Office of Race, Equity, and Inclusion (OREI), and the State Mental Health Planning Council on the Department’s commitment to equitable and quality mental health care for culturally and linguistically diverse communities. MAC recognizes diversity as a strength and embraces a broad view of diversity that includes race, culture, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability, and immigration status.
MAC Recent Accomplishments
- Organized two conferences that provided mental health information to community members
- Advised DMH Office of Communications on outreach strategies for Community Conversations, a series of public meetings to discuss mental health and reduce stigma
- Facilitated a Community Conversation with youth leaders from the Boston Centers for Youth and Families
- Provided feedback to DMH Office of Race, Equity, and Inclusion on content and format of DMH Multicultural Mental Health Resource Directory, which lists organizations that offer mental health services in other languages (including American Sign Language) as well as services for LGBTQ communities
- Provided recommendations to DMH Procurement Management Team on incorporating Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services standards into Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) contracts.
More info soon!