MAC advises the Commissioner of the Department of Mental Health, the DMH Office of Race, Equity, and Inclusion (OREI), and the State Mental Health Planning Council on the Department’s commitment to equitable and quality mental health care for culturally and linguistically diverse communities. MAC recognizes diversity as a strength and embraces a broad view of diversity that includes race, culture, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability, and immigration status.
The Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) meets every other month on a Monday. Please see below for upcoming meeting dates and times. Meetings will be held in-person at DMH Central Office and also remotely by conference call and/or webinar. People interested in attending the meetings remotely can contact DMH Program Coordinator Tina Sang at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive call-in and login information. Please direct questions about MAC to the MAC Chair Ms. Chantell Albert through SMHPC@state.ma.us
|3:30pm to 4:30pm||DMH Central Office
25 Staniford Street
|April 29, 2019|
|June 24, 2019|
|Oct 28, 2019|
|Dec 9, 2019|
The DMH Multicultural Advisory Committee is taking a summer hiatus. The meetings in June and August are cancelled. Our next meeting which will be on Monday October 28th at 3:30pm-4:30pm.
MAC Membership Application (click here to download)
MAC Recent Accomplishments
- Organized two conferences that provided mental health information to community members
- Advised DMH Office of Communications on outreach strategies for Community Conversations, a series of public meetings to discuss mental health and reduce stigma
- Facilitated a Community Conversation with youth leaders from the Boston Centers for Youth and Families
- Provided feedback to DMH Office of Race, Equity, and Inclusion on content and format of DMH Multicultural Mental Health Resource Directory, which lists organizations that offer mental health services in other languages (including American Sign Language) as well as services for LGBTQ communities
- Provided recommendations to DMH Procurement Management Team on incorporating Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services standards into Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) contracts.
More info soon!